The Language Fair is committed to protecting your personal information and recognises that you have an interest in how we may collect, use and share your details. The Data Protection Statement below outlines how we use and protect your information and explains the principles behind our commitment to safeguarding that information
- To comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant legislation.
- To keep your personal information and the business you do with us in strict confidence.To obtain your personal information lawfully and fairly.
- To maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date.
- Where we choose to have certain services, such as data processing, provided by third parties we do so in accordance with applicable law and take all reasonable precautions regarding the practices employed by the service provider to protect personal information.
- To maintain appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect personal information against loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Not to sell your personal information.
General information and your rights
You have the right to:
- Receive a copy of information we hold about you if you apply for this in writing. A fee will be payable for providing this information.
- Have rectified any information that is inaccurate.
Use of your information
Any information collected about you will be treated as confidential and will only be used as follows:
- For considering any applications you make to us and for the administration of your course.
- For statistical analysis.
- For marketing purposes, except where you instruct us not to.
We may inform you of other products or services provided by us, selected partners, or by other companies within The Language Fair World Organisation which may be of interest to you.